New Member north Wales uk

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Bladerunner

New Member north Wales uk

Post by Bladerunner »

Hi guys just bought a kdx200 SR project to go with my E model .....hope to glean some useful info from here on these great little machines! My SR was left outside untouched for 5 years so is going to need some TLC!!! But it's got a new piston in and the kips valves work and managed an hours off roading on it yesterday so think its worth throwing some time and money at it and get it back on the road :-)

The E model I bought last year has proved to be a good bike it also hadn't been used for a few years and last had a piston 12 years ago!! Kips valves I found in the exhaust but it ain't missed a beat and have done little more than basic maintenance seems these things are pretty reliable for 20+ year old machines ;-)
Joshmcmillan
Supporting Member

Re: New Member north Wales uk

Post by Joshmcmillan »

They certainly are reliable... People call them the 'XR's' of 2-strokes.. In reference to the Honda XR's, known for their reliability.
07' CR450X (Main Bike)
07' KX125 (Completed basket case rebuild, for sale)
88' KDX200 (Not sure yet, runs but with rattly top end)
91' CBR250RR
Old Bikes: 97' KDX200, 00' RM125, 85' XR350, 94' KDX200, 02' CR80, 82' XT250, 98' CT200
Bladerunner

Re: New Member north Wales uk

Post by Bladerunner »

Funny you should say that as a friend has an old xr400 and is now looking for a KDX...as thems a lot easier to start and pick up after several hours of throwing it at the scenery :grin: