Getting back into it

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
LAME

Getting back into it

Post by LAME »

I bought a 1997 220 new when I was working parts counter at a dealership back in college. Put a FMF Fatty pipe on it, upgraded the air filter, bars, grips, handguards and bought fork springs that I never installed from Fredette. Rode it until 02 until the piston broke. It sat a number of years before my brother rebuilt it, and I have only put about 20 miles on it since it was done.

Myself and some friends are going to start bringing the bikes along on our rock crawling trips this year. After we have catastrophic carnage on the crawlers it will be fun to ride. Those goons have a big bore XR400, YZ450, WR450, XL650, and a few random KTMs.

From lurking, I was surprised that there was so much more potential for these old scooters with head/carb mods and reeds. I am going to finally install the springs befor the next ride, and probably some motor work this winter.
darb808

Re: Getting back into it

Post by darb808 »

welcome that sounds cool to bad i cant affor crawlin and riding. You guys running yotas? thats whats popular here for crawlin.
LAME

Getting back into it

Post by LAME »

Mostly Jeep based rigs, and chassis rigs around here, although there used to be lots of Toyota mini trucks on the rocks. I wasn't riding for years because crawling took up the budget for fun stuff. Now with everyone having small kids, we don't get out that much with the crawlers, but more with cars, bikes, and sleds.