New Member, a wannabe KDX owner

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New Member, a wannabe KDX owner

Post by KDXGarage »

I am assuming Kawasaki Japan creates the model designations. I am not saying A, C, E, H were available in JUST the USA. Look around on google images for a ton of pics.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
IDRIDR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Member, a wannabe KDX owner

Post by IDRIDR »

Well, it only took six months of diligent searching and checking out a few over-priced ones before picking up this 2004 KDX220.

The good: I finally picked up a KDX! And at a good price. With a nice full bag of dirt biking gear and two pair of Alpinestars boots.

The rest: Owner didn't really know squat about the bike other than it has aftermarket pipes (FMF gnarly woods exhaust with FMF TurbineCore 2 silencer) fair knobs, and a newer chain. Apparently had been in his family since purchase (cousins, etc). He didn't know it had a power valve, let alone if it was ever maintained. But that's no different from the two other KDX220s I looked at this year (sad, huh?). No kickstand. Aftermarket rear fender without a tail light. No headlight, but I have an extra TrailTech X2 that I hope will fit. It started right up and went through the gears smoothly. However, it seemed to sign off early almost like it was hitting a rev limiter, but I'm assuming this could be a power valve issue. PO also didn't know if the stock piston was upgraded, so before doing any time on it we'll be doing a tear down for inspection and maintenance. Yup, I picked up a winter project. But winter is just around the corner so that's not all bad! I needed something to do anyway since all the other bikes are running just fine and I've been wanting a light trail bike for a while now.

2003 KDX 220. RB Carb & Head Mods. Desert pipe. She's a runner!
2006 KLX 250 w/351 big bore. A well-sorted dual sporter.
2006 KLR 650. Mostly stock.
2014 Suzuki DL1000.