KDX Newbie from Georgia

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
walter
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

KDX Newbie from Georgia

Post by walter »

Hello all, I'm Walter. I'm active Army currently stationed at Ft Benning, GA. I ran across this superb forum while looking for parts for my new to me 81 KDX 175. I've been riding since age 4 and haven't got tired of it yet. Owned a ton of bikes over the years but, never a KDX. My 175 was purchased from my neighbor who was original owner who had bought this bike as a teenager and put only 600 and some odd miles on it by the age of 16. At that point, lost interest in riding and it has been sitting in his basement for 30+ years till a couple weeks ago when he decided to sell it to me as he knew I would gradually make it look good as new, even came with original owners/service manual, tool kit, test article from Cycle Word magazine and actual title from Aug 1981.

I wish I had ran across this forum prior to taking bike/engine completely apart for inspection of all parts and got some good pics. What amazes me most about this bike is the fact it's never been worked on by anyone, it's like a time capsule from Kawasaki, everything down to the last wire tie on the harness was unmolested and exactly how it left the showroom floor. I'll get some pics and post as I slowly get it back together.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: KDX Newbie from Georgia

Post by Goofaroo »

First.......thanks for your service. Next.........we need pics. This sounds like a very cool project. Welcome to the forum.
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

Goofaroo wrote:First.......thanks for your service. Next.........we need pics. This sounds like a very cool project. Welcome to the forum.
+1 on that. Welcome and keep us updated on the project.
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
walter
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

KDX Newbie from Georgia

Post by walter »

Thanks, I'll have some time to work on some pics this weekend.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Goofaroo wrote:First.......thanks for your service. Next.........we need pics. This sounds like a very cool project. Welcome to the forum.

INDEED!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128