KDX Newbie from South Africa

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Charl

KDX Newbie from South Africa

Post by Charl »

Hi All,

Took the leap a month ago and bought a 96 KDX for the eqauvalant of 1200 USD. Was a bit battered - new reeds, wheel bearings Frame powder coated, chain rollers, front disc and pads all round done. Compression good at 146, good runner. Oh and fuel tap replaced plus caliper rebuild at the front. (Read patient wife)

Day 2 after getting the bike (AKA Green Mile) I found a nice road that happened to have a drainage ditch in it at speed ??? (Powerband 5th gear stock sprocks).

Superman jump, and fractured hand later... (Sigh). All this inspired the mechanical adventures decribed above. I am now totaly besotted with my new baby and have done probably 12 Hours on it.

So anyway, nice to meet you all, and thanks to all of the info on this site the Green Mile is now reborn (albeit with some minor quirks).

See you all on the flip side in the Forum,

Charl & Green Mile.
Isn't it funny how knee down is painfull off road, yet foot out is likely impending doom on a Superbikes?
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: KDX Newbie from South Africa

Post by s10gto »

Welcome Charl and congrats on the Green Mile. Rest that hand. You will up and riding in no time.