New KDX owner from the great Mojave Desert

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
DesertRat!

New KDX owner from the great Mojave Desert

Post by DesertRat! »

Hello to all glad to be on the forum, just got back into riding after 30 year break ( you know the whole buying a house raising 4 kids and working steady thing ) I hope to get some good info from the forum about my KDX ( 1996 200 ) this looks like a good place to get it, thanks to you all. :grin:
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New KDX owner from the great Mojave Desert

Post by Goofaroo »

Welcome to the forum. I did some desert racing back in the day in the Mojave. Just to get you up to date after your 30 year hiatus, the only real difference is that it seems to hurt more when you crash and you'll be sore for a lot longer after every ride.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Congratulations on getting back into it with a KDX.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
DesertRat!

Post by DesertRat! »

Goofaroo wrote:Welcome to the forum. I did some desert racing back in the day in the Mojave. Just to get you up to date after your 30 year hiatus, the only real difference is that it seems to hurt more when you crash and you'll be sore for a lot longer after every ride.
I know what you mean, a few weeks ago I fell over in a deep sand wash going about 15 mph, luckily I just plopped into the soft sand but I was sore for a week, my last bike was a 1986 KX 500 set up for the desert so what i'm remembering doesn't match what the KDX is doing but I'll get it the KDX seems to be a forgiving bike and it 's pretty nimble considering what it weighs, I'm really glad I chose the KDX
DesertRat!

Post by DesertRat! »

Thank You all for the greeting :grin:
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

I know what you mean, a few weeks ago I fell over in a deep sand wash going about 15 mph, luckily I just plopped into the soft sand but I was sore for a week, my last bike was a 1986 KX 500 set up for the desert so what i'm remembering doesn't match what the KDX is doing but I'll get it the KDX seems to be a forgiving bike and it 's pretty nimble considering what it weighs, I'm really glad I chose the KDX
Yep. I'm a lot more careful now than I was 25 years ago but I still enjoy the hell out of it. If your plan is to ride out there in the desert you'll really like the KDX. They really shine in the woods but the gearing, flywheel effect, and the suspension make them very capable at higher speeds and they are comfortable enough to do some pretty long rides with minimal pain. It won't climb some of the huge hills out there like your 500 would but other than that you'll find it easy to maintain a pretty quick pace without beating yourself up. We are going to need some pics of your riding area.