Hello New and Learning

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jamesdirtcamp

Hello New and Learning

Post by jamesdirtcamp »

Hello don't know if those images worked the way they were supposed to.. Anyways I'm James coming from the state of WA. I've been getting awesome information out of this site, very convenient place to learn from. Speaking of learning I'm pretty new to riding but been learning quick though, trading my 88 subby wagon for my kdx was a steal. By the way i was wondering if by the photos someone could tell me specially what my bike is. The VIN isn't a very honest one, doesn't make any sense really. I figured by looking around here it was an e-series 89-94. Not sure if I can figure out if its a 220cc or 200cc, I guess it could be a 250cc? Anyways glad to be here already gotten some fork advice, Thanks for your time and help everyone.

ps. Going to this site has been real inspirational seeing all the work you guys do on these bikes. I've been getting a good feeling about my bike, starting to really appreciate it now :mrgreen:
Batbomb mother suckers
hbgod

Re: Hello New and Learning

Post by hbgod »

those are fb pics wont let us view them. but the 10th character in the vin is the year.
If you ain't Mixin Gas, You ain't Haulin Ass!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

James, 93 & 94 KDX's have Blue USD forks, 89-92 are pretty identical bikes. If it's one of those years, it can't be a 220, they didn't make the 220 yet. If it has blue USD forks, it could be a 250. If you look at the side of the bike by the shifter, it will tell you how many gears you have. If it only has 5 gears, it's a 250, if it has 6, it's a 200.
What part of WA are you from?
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

You have to make an account on a photo hosting site (like PhotoBucket) to post pics. Also in WA (Tacoma area) where have you been riding?
jamesdirtcamp

Post by jamesdirtcamp »

Ya I'll try to get some pics posted soon! It had the blue boots covers but you probley mean the blue forks themselves. So I'm in Poulsbo, I work in Bremerton though so I'm there a lot. I've gone across the Hood Canal to Taraboo Lake, they got some pits there that are pretty cool. Last place I went was Green Mountain in Seabeck, that was bad ass pretty fun climbing that rocky mountain terrain at the end. I also hit up this track that Villopoto used to ride at, like a family friends house or something. That track was the best!!! scary but fun as hell!! :supz: Haven't been to Tahuya yet in Belfair but I hear that's great too. So you're saying if I have 6 gears its a 200cc and 5=250cc??
Batbomb mother suckers
jamesdirtcamp

Hello New and Learning

Post by jamesdirtcamp »

ya ill have anew updated photo soon with the kx 500 forks i put on her. In a nut shell thats it pretty stock.
Batbomb mother suckers
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Definitely an 89-92 KDX200, not a 250. The 250s came with USD forks and the side plates were different from the 200s. Also the stock pipe on the 250 is routed lower than on the 200.