Good ole country boy with a need for speed

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
SuDu1997

Good ole country boy with a need for speed

Post by SuDu1997 »

Hi folks, names zach.. Im 16 and I live with my dear old dad in rural west union, WV. I love all things with engines, especially if they go fast.

A little back story:

I've always did great in school but hated it with a passion, I ended up in placement in march 2012 for truancy. November 2012 I came home for a mere 6 months then went back for a second stint in may 2013 while in placement this last time I got a court order to take the GED which I passed very easily, allowing me to return home once and for all in september 2013. I'm currently working for my uncle at his camp ground and spending all the money I make on my quad, dirt bike, and truck.

Now for why I'm here, I recently traded and got a 1997 KDX200. I'd wanted a KDX for quite some time now. So I rode the KDX and ran out what little gas was in it and man did I love the bike! Later that evening my dear old dad brought me some go-go juice (gas) which gave me a full tank. I started up the ole KDX and shot off like a bat out of hell, no sign of any problem but only about a mile up the road I came out of a turn winding it up and grabbed the next gear. Then... The bike said "buahhh" and shut down, i pushed my beloved new machine to the side of the old gravel road, flipped out the kicker and well we'll just say it held my weight (which is quite a bit) and didnt turn over... Locked up tight. So I'm here to do a rebuild thread and hopefully get help along the way.

I've typed alot and youre probably bored so I'll let ya'll go about your business, hopefully i can get some help with my machine from this forum in the near future. Later ya'll!
The loves of my life are...
1997 KDX200- locked up :(
2004 Honda 400EX- 440 big bore, hot cam, and much more.
1986 Ford Ranger- 2.9, auto trans, 4x4
spl383
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Good ole country boy with a need for speed

Post by spl383 »

hopefully you didn't forget the oil in the go-go juice
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Yeah sounds a bit like a piston seize
Robkx250

Post by Robkx250 »

Right where he said Gave me a full tank and I started up the bike and set off like a bat out of hell I was thinking oil? Hmmm
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

im just surprised to see a 16 year old who knows what punctuation marks are
kudos for that

i agree the oil-fuel ratio is a big deal BUT he did he traded something for the KDX and he also has a quad
i would imagine he has enough pre existing knowledge about bike to know to add fuel

on top of that, there was a "bauhhh" when the bike died
to me that sounds like a bike that doesn't get any fuel

still doesn't explain why the kickstarter wont move but i wouldn't be so quick to call a top end seize

if it were my bike i would pull the carb off (check to see of there is fuel in there) and then try to turn the engine
this will give you a view of the piston as it moves or doesn't move
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike