New here and new KDX owner - in England

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
ukaf

Post by ukaf »

I've already put a couple of posts elsewhere and thought I'd better get in here before someone thought I was rude for not introducing myself !

I'm a Vinduro bloke so the air cooled bikes are my thing really. Back in the 80s I rode a few ISDEs and even though Jeff Fredette did pretty good on the KDX there were much better bikes for European enduro - SWM, Husky and Maico were my rides. I gave up competitive enduro in 1988 and then in 1990 I bought a new KDX to trail ride and motocross on (strange choice I know). I got that bike working really well and I actually qualified as a National Expert in MX. There were a lot of very scary moments that season, coming from Trials and then Enduro I was ok with jumping off things but jumping up and over - that was a skill I never mastered; hit it as hard as I dare, hope for the best and pray I landed between the ropes.

I sold the water cooled KDX at the start of 91 and bought a new YZ250WR, didn't like it, sold it - probably a great supercross bike but that's all.

Between then and 2011 I had a heap of street and dirt bikes then I got the Vinduro bug which is what's brought me to the aircooled KDX. There are way better bikes for racing but at 53 and with a pretty worn out body I think they might just be what I'm looking for.

That's me then.

Cheers, Clive.
elusive
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: New here and new KDX owner - in England

Post by elusive »

Welcome!
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by dude541 »

hi Clive,
welcome to the site :grin:
how are you getting on with the flywheel?
seems to be a common problem on the early bikes, and almost impossible to find an original in one piece!

there is a 84 kdx200 engine for sale on ebay uk ............... minus the stator & flywheel!!!!!
let us all know how you get on fitting a later flywheel etc.
best regards
john
silversleeper

UK Autolube KDX 200, 220 R or SR?

Post by silversleeper »

Hello John,

I was wondering where the go to place to find engine/motor parts for the KDX 200/220 R or SR The engine with Auto Lube.
I've been combing Ebay but haven't found anything. Also can you confirm if the KDX 125, 200 and 220 all use the same cases?

Thanks,

Tim

dude541 wrote:hi Clive,
welcome to the site :grin:
how are you getting on with the flywheel?
seems to be a common problem on the early bikes, and almost impossible to find an original in one piece!

there is a 84 kdx200 engine for sale on ebay uk ............... minus the stator & flywheel!!!!!
let us all know how you get on fitting a later flywheel etc.
best regards
john
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

UK Autolube KDX 200, 220 R or SR?

Post by dude541 »

silversleeper wrote:Hello John,

I was wondering where the go to place to find engine/motor parts for the KDX 200/220 R or SR The engine with Auto Lube.
I've been combing Ebay but haven't found anything. Also can you confirm if the KDX 125, 200 and 220 all use the same cases?

Thanks,

Tim
Hi Tim,
are you specifically after SR parts? what bike do you have?
unfortunately the SR models use a lot of different parts, especially engine case wise, also different kips setups.
it is very hard to find a lot of information on the SR models, and parts can be very hard to obtain!

best place by far for used SR parts is Yahoo auctions Japan, loads being broken on there!
but depending on your location you have to use a third party to bid on them and arrange shipping etc, which can be expensive!
best regards
john