New guy from Calgary

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
BlackMist

New guy from Calgary

Post by BlackMist »

Hey all, just wanted to get the intro sent out. My name is Colin I'm from Calgary Alberta I recently purchased a 2002 KDX220 and figured I'd join up and learn as much as I can. Bike is bone stock, has been jetted with just a 140 main from what I've seen in the documents. I started my riding addiction on the streets with a 09 gsxr600 and have progressed into the dirtier side borrowing the girlfriends dads ttr230. So after extensive reading and a rather curious interest in the two stroke world here I am!
Other than that my ratio is 40:1 using amsoil. Still have a bit of moisture apparent inside the exhaust tip so I may need some advice on jetting for this fun altitude. Also I've been trying to source info to what distinguishes between incorrect jetting and the kips valve being gummed up for a hesitation in the bottom end of the power spectrum

Thanks all!
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

New guy from Calgary

Post by dude541 »

welcome to the site :grin:
the search facility will lead you to all the info you should need.
best regards
john
jaywylie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: New guy from Calgary

Post by jaywylie »

Welcome!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome, any hesitation in the lower end is going to likely be jetting related, as the kips doesn't really come into play until you get up in the revs (+5K). From the factory these bikes are very rich, so given your altitude, rejetting is a good first step (actually 2nd step after you get a manual :grin: ).
ArkAngel

Post by ArkAngel »

Welcome...
KDX 200
KDX 250
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

New guy from Calgary

Post by Slick_Nick »

Welcome! (From a fellow Calgarian!) :supz:
'00 KDX 220R
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

New guy from Calgary

Post by dfeckel »

You're gonna love it here. We're all slightly unhinged, spendthrift woods addicts (read: cheap crazy bastids), and there's a great collective knowledge to tap. Welcome to the board!
David Eckel
BlackMist

New guy from Calgary

Post by BlackMist »

Slick_Nick wrote:Welcome! (From a fellow Calgarian!) :supz:
most excellent! a fellow high altitude rider! :partyman:

I'm usually out at McLean with the gf on weekends, we've tried waiprous but didn't go too far. I'll be out this weekend in McLean if at all you happen to also be out there, I'm sure we'll be the only kdx's :hmm: