New AZ KDX

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Yugmoto

New AZ KDX

Post by Yugmoto »

Hello everyone,
New to the forum and KDXs, had a couple KX500s over the years. I discovered the site because I had heard about KDX hybrids, been finding lots of great info here, so thanks for sharing. Just traded some CR500 parts for a complete but slightly ratty KDX200 H model and now I'm looking for a KX or RM 125 to build a replacement for my WR250 Husky. Although I think I should have kept the Husky the Hybrid sounds like an interesting project. The idea of a really lightweight bike for the nasty singletrack we have near here has some serious appeal. The KDX engine feels like it'll do the trick. Awesome site for info, thanks again!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New AZ KDX

Post by Julien D »

Welcome to KDXRIDER! I'm sure you have found the hybrid section. Lots of good builds in there. I believe I have only seen one RM hybrid done. I would really like to build one myself! The 200/125 hybrid is an excellent trail machine. Very capable and light. I think you'll like it as much as your WR.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New AZ KDX

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to KDXRider, and as a hybrid rider, check out the forum and ask questions.
Yugmoto

New AZ KDX

Post by Yugmoto »

Thanks guys, yeah I've been all over the hybrid section, tons of info to keep me motivated. It does seem like the 00-02 kx is the easiest to do, but I like the rms quite a bit. I think the project will work out nice. Just gotta get the pieces all piled up and get busy.
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

New AZ KDX

Post by dude541 »

welcome to the site :grin:
be sure to start your own hybrid thread with plenty of pics!
best regards
john
Yugmoto

New AZ KDX

Post by Yugmoto »

Will do, I got excited because I was offered a Gasgas 125 chassis really cheap. Started trying to do some homework before pulling the trigger, turned out to be a 250 and the guy wanted to keep the wheels. Got offered another GG250 and that guy is keeping the wheels as well. Thought that a GG125 would be interesting, but it looks like I'll probably be headed for a KX, I found one that looks pretty clean. All the RM's seem to have title issues. I'm trying to exercise a little patience and find a good clean starting point, regardless of make. Which ever way it turns out I'm gonna try to nickel plate the frame, those GG frames look nice, I think a Kawi or Suzuki would look pretty sweet that way.