New Member Question

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
TX_Rider

New Member Question

Post by TX_Rider »

Hello All,

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2001 KDX200 for $800. I visited the owner yesterday to see the bike, and it started on the first kick while cold.

The immediate rattle noise that I heard alarmed me a bit, but after reading the info on this site I know exactly what that is...thanks!

My question is this...

The owner was kind enough to reveal that the bike has a tendency to bog after it has been ridden for 20-30 minutes. He believes that this would be remedied by simply cleaning the carb. Would anyone here disagree or have any info as to what this issue might consist of?

Also, would you all consider $800 for a fairly clean 2001 KDX200 to be a fair deal or no?

All input and information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Robbie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: New Member Question

Post by Robbie »

I say don't buy it and give me his name and address. Lol. Yea I started not to buy mine because idk about the KDX rattle.
Robbie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Robbie »

Luckily he had 2 of them. Both sounded the same.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The price is good. Unheard of where I live, actually. I would say that the bog is probably more of a jetting issue. Cleaning the carb won't hurt, but jetting it will help the most. Stock jetting in these things is way too rich for most riding conditions. Welcome to KDXRIDER!
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Same here on price they bring around 1800 in my area and hardly ever pop up
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
TX_Rider

Post by TX_Rider »

Thanks for the replys, I really appreciate it! Gonna go take another look tomorrow and likely pick it up.

Thanks again!
ArkAngel

Post by ArkAngel »

Lol you guys are still lucky.. those bikes go for about R15000 here by me :p
KDX 200
KDX 250
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

ArkAngel wrote:Lol you guys are still lucky.. those bikes go for about R15000 here by me :p
Since that's only 1523 dollars I'd say your lucky! :shock:
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
Roadhazardguy
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Roadhazardguy »

Where abouts are you located?
Tony
1988 KDX 200
1980 KD 80
1989 ATK 406
1984 RM 500
1980 KZ 1300