Hello from Cologne

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
lange-koeln

Hello from Cologne

Post by lange-koeln »

Hello, and excuse my "school-english" ....

i bought a very nice KDX 250 few years ago and i´m searching for few informations so i found this forum.

About me: I like riding Enduro since i was 16 with a Honda MTX 80 R. Since 2001 i have a KLX 650 C with a lot of modifications. I changed the Front Brake, the Fork, the Piston (Big-Bore) and the carb, the rear Suspension, the Gastank and a lot of other things and i´m very active in the german KLX-Forum: www.planetklx.de.

I searched for another Bike to go more difficult Enduro-Trails and found the KDX. It was in good condition, the price was ok, it had much less weight than the KLX and enogh HP. So i bought it. I like it very much. It´s a very rare bike in germany and today its nearly impossible to by a 2-stroke - Bike with that power and street legal. :grin:

But im afraid, im too old for the bike, cause i´m not able to controle that power offroad. I tried a few other bikes the last years, like Husaberg 450 or 570 and the are much easier to handle offroad. But it´s no reason to sell the little green beast. but thinking about how to modify it.

So i will try to find some tipps here and maybe can help others with tipps.

Regards from Cologne

Christian
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Cologne

Post by bufftester »

Well if you can ride a Husa 570 you can control a KDX250, as they are probably putting out close to the same oomph, just in different ways. My dad still rides and races at age 71 on his 1994 KDX200, and beats up on younger guys regularly with it. Likely the reason you are having difficulty adjusting is becasue you came off a KLX650. Great bike for what it was designed for, but not much for developing proper off-road riding style. Kind of like going from sitting in a overstuffed chair to sitting on stump...they both let you sit, but the stump is going to make you want to stand up a lot more (which is what you should be doing on the KDX). Welcome to the forums!
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

sjaweet, I learned how to ride on a MTX, it was a 50 with a 70 big bore kit, that bike was a beast
it had the reed fed big bore, 32 MM mikuni, homoet german bend exhaust and was making crazy power
main bearings would last about 3 months
after the third time I replaced the mains we machined the block to accept XR125 main bearings
about 2 months later there was a big clunk and the crank snapped in half, but the mains survived :lol:
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
lange-koeln

Post by lange-koeln »

"Well if you can ride a Husa 570 you can control a KDX250, as they are probably putting out close to the same oomph, just in different ways" - the different ways are the prob. I go offroad with my optimized KLX too. It has ca. 55 HP and the Power is easy to control, but the bike is too heavy - ca. 180 kg. I think about optimizing it with another cylinder-gasket, maybe other setting of the carb or / and the exhaust - system.
Another Prob is, that my "green beast" is a little too noisy. in germany we have the prob. that offroad riding is mostly illegal. There are a few possibilities like "soft rallies" in Netherlands and belgium, but they dont allow my street legal bike cause of the noise. They are afraid, that their event will be forbidden cause of too noisy bikes.

I hope i can find some tipps here, but its difficult to read the forum if you only learned english languge a few years in scool... :grin:
2 Wheels
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 2 Wheels »

Servus! Ich kann Deutsch sprechen. Aber Ich kann diskutieren ueber motorads nicht! Mein Deutsch is nur einfach und Ich habe viel vergessen schon.
Willkommen in Forum. Viel spass! u. viel glueck.
1996 KDX 200