Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
cmarico

Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

Post by cmarico »

Gday there, I'm Chris (26) and I've been lurking here for a while.

I've got a 94 KDX 200 that has had one hell of a hard life. I have kicked the absolute living daylights out of this bike with no maintenance to speak of other than plugs, and she just kept coming back for more. I've ridden this bike with the brake caliper hanging off because it seized, and even had the muffler fall off at the track! But, she has never let me down, and has always gotten me home.

I spent last summer fixing almost everything I had neglected. She got new discs and pads, a new front caliper and seals, a new master cylinder, refitted the muffler, changed the oil and air filter and coolant, tyres, all the things I'd never bothered to do. She also copped a paint job - this was meant to be a cheap rebuild, and the cheapest plastics I could find were $350+ by the time they got to Australia. Few cans of some special paint and she looks a treat. Well maybe not a treat, but I like her anyway.

Took her out for her first 'fixed up' run a couple of months back, and it sure was nice to have good, working brakes again (after going about 3 seasons without front brakes). I'd forgotten what it was like to be able to stop quickly, and the new tyres provided me with mountains of grip. The old tyres were the same ones I bought the bike with, some 9 years ago (admittedly, we don't ride as much as we'd like - less than 12 times a year I'd say).

So hello from Melbourne Australia, I'll post some pics of my beast soon :)
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

Post by KDXohio »

Welcome I'm sure the bike thanks you for the catch up in maintenance!
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
cmarico

Post by cmarico »

It's like riding a new bike again! So many years of neglect, and she never once complained. She's finally getting the love and care she deserves.
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

None of this happened unless you post a picture! Let's see it. Oh and welcome!
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
cmarico

Post by cmarico »

I've only got post-paint pictures atm, will get pictures of it all fixed up on the weekend. And thanks :)