The new Guy!....Sorta

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Dragondude

The new Guy!....Sorta

Post by Dragondude »

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a54 ... b6fc28.jpgHey guys! Jake here! I'm 16 years old and I've been riding as long as I can remember. I moved from my home state of Deleware to Kentucky, literally the reason (at least some of it) I moved was so we wouldn't have to load up the bikes to go riding. Between my parents and my sister/brother-in-law we have around 90 acres which have trails. Most of it is trees and brush but we got some nice hill climbs, creeks and revenes. I just sold my 2009 KLX 140L 4-stroke to purchase as 1998 KDX 200 2-stroke! :supz: This is my first 2-stroke (I've ridden others before) it has a FMF gold series Gnarly head pipe and a FMF Turbine 2 silencer, Pro Taper handle bars, and skid plates. It's a 6 speed. I must say im surprised and more than happy with this bike. Great for the trails and has all the low-end power I could want! Can't wait to get used to the bike and ride it hard as I only got it last Saturday. Mwhahahaha......Then the games begin :twisted: :rock: :lol:

[img][IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a543/Dragondude577/kdx200_zps0cb6fc28.jpg[/img][/img]
Last edited by Dragondude on 06:57 am Jul 17 2013, edited 2 times in total.
Fitterman24
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

The new Guy!....Sorta

Post by Fitterman24 »

Welcome to the site! Your first post and now mine. 90 acres would be sweet! My 10 acres became decidedly smaller once we got our KDX's. We've been riding older air cooled 4 strokes. My buddy got a '98 220, then I got my '97 220 a week later. My 15 yr old bought his own '04 220 3 days later and then the next day another buddy's 13 yr old son got his '98 200. We are having more fun than should be allowed, but at least they don't need to be riding my other bikes anymore. Ride on
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: The new Guy!....Sorta

Post by KDXGarage »

Sweet! Congratulations on the bike, but especially the access to the land.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postigo »

Welcome and congrats on your new bike and land too.
The Doctor says I have multiple personality desorder... But we are not agree...
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Welcome! I like seeing younger guys who know how to trail ride, rather than just wanting to blast around the track on a fragile 250F as fast as possible. Would love to see some pics of your bike, and the trails you have to ride!
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

The new Guy!....Sorta

Post by Actionman »

I live in ky as well. Here in the eastern part of the state we've got strip jobs aplenty to ride, plus I've got 20 miles of trails as well. Nobody bothers you about noise around here, and environmental nazis have yet to gain a foothold here as of yet. Kentucky isn't the place for you if you want a glamorous lifestyle, but for outdoor motorcycling it rules!
2002 KDX 200
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Would also like to see some pics of the trails I've found a couple places to go in Kentucky that aren't real far from me but haven't been yet to check them out!
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
Dragondude

Post by Dragondude »

Julien D wrote:Welcome! I like seeing younger guys who know how to trail ride, rather than just wanting to blast around the track on a fragile 250F as fast as possible. Would love to see some pics of your bike, and the trails you have to ride!

Yeah, I was never much a motocross rider. Only loved to watch it. I would like to try it but honestly it scares me. If I make one mistake there's a lot more chances I could hurt myself bad on a track than the trails. I do have a small "motocross track".At max I get 6ft of air. I just always enjoyed winding through the woods and see what obstacles nature has made for my bike :cool: Pics are up but I don't know how to show the the pictures on the site but the links to photobucket are up there. I'll try getting some pics of the property soon for you guys. I'll put them in another thread.