New to Durango CO

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Durango

New to Durango CO

Post by Durango »

Brought my modified 02 KDX220 and am looking forward to exploring the area.(some back country trout fishing as well :wink:) Any one from the area? I see a lot of dual sports around maybe I should plate the KDX?
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New to Durango CO

Post by Goofaroo »

I just got back from there today.

I had my son with me on this trip so I rented a jeep but I've been there twice on my bike. You'll definitely want to plate your bike so you can ride into the towns. The Ouray, Telluride, Lake City, and Silverton area is a paradise for dualsport riding and every town has some great burgers and beers. As far as the fishing goes, we were camped at Molas Lake just outside of Silverton and there were several people trout fishing but I don't know if they were having any luck.

I've never looked into it but there's probably some serious single track woods riding right there around Durango. If you find some you need to send pics.

The main thing you need to know is in regards to the train. You ONLY want to ride it one way and then take the bus back.
Durango

Post by Durango »

Thank you for the heads up on the train!
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

I'll be your hero if you ever ride it.
jharry408

New to Durango CO

Post by jharry408 »

EDIT by Jason: spammer