my first kdx uk

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Ashley kdx94

my first kdx uk

Post by Ashley kdx94 »

Hi guys I have just got this kdx 200 was told it is a 94. I got the bike as a none runner because it seemed cheap at £200. The bike has stood for nearly 2 year so the first think I did was fresh fuel and oil then new spark plug cleaned the carb (looks like new now) and put a new air filter on then gave it a kick and nothing no spark at all then noticed there's no cdi (I no I should of looked when I went and bought it) so got a second hand 1 and still no spark but when I picked it up the magneto case weren't on proper so I had a good look and one of the coils where damaged so got a new stator plate, coils and magneto now she sparks like a good un ,but still dont start. I have taken the cap off the head and the piston bore look good but a friend took 1 of the little cogs out (don't know what they are but there's too of them one on the right and one on the left he took right one out ) do they have to go back in a certain way. So thats where am at guy bit stuck now though it does smoke and back fires a little and I checked the reed they look sound to all help and comments are greatly appreciated guys
KDXsg

my first kdx uk

Post by KDXsg »

The UK model should be the SR model very much similar to the E series model in the US. A lot of the parts interchange between 89 to 94 years. if yours has got the metal tank then I am very sure it is a SR model.
The KIPs valves has got the left, centre and right hand valves in total. Being the left hand valve is always the one broken. Yes you still can run the bike without one of the valve but just no bottom end and pretty much did not get most of the power and fun out of the bike without all the valves working.

if you were to fix them up, I suggest you change all the rack and pinion valves as a whole new set especially the top 3 collar/bushes just like you would do for the sprockets and chain to have the kips last longer. use good quality 2T oil. if it is the SR model with the 2T injector still on, I suggest you switch to premix to prevent the injector pump failing.
A true KDX customizer!!
Ashley kdx94

my first kdx uk

Post by Ashley kdx94 »

Its got a plastic tank on I would upload a picture but dont know how to. It ain't got a injector on its pre mix with the fuel mate
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: my first kdx uk

Post by royadams »

If it's backfiring its a timing issue. I would check the key way on flywheel, magnets and the position of the stator.
Ashley kdx94

my first kdx uk

Post by Ashley kdx94 »

How do I get the magneto and stator in the right position mate
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: my first kdx uk

Post by royadams »

There is a timing mark on front of case near stator plate. And three marks on the stator plate. The middle mark aligns with the case mark. And I think I've heard the ignition is different on us and Sr models. Did you get your new ignition from a us model
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

my first kdx uk

Post by dude541 »

I doubt it is an SR model, believe it or not here in the uk most kdx's here are American or Canadian models!
as the guys said your running issues are probably down to timing when you fitted the new stator plate, as for your mate pulling out one of the sub valves from the kips then it must be broken, so the cylinder will need to be removed to fix this.

if your good with mechanics get yourself a manual, you WILL need it! if not take it to a shop that know what they are doing, otherwise you could end up with a lot of broken parts!

you can upload pics on here by using sites such as http://imageshack.us/

best regards
john
Ashley kdx94

my first kdx uk

Post by Ashley kdx94 »

Well I have took it apart and the to power valves ands centre Exhaust valves are missing do orderd of ebay now just waiting for them to arrive . Not to happy with the twat who sold it me