New Florida KDX owner

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
KDXtra

New Florida KDX owner

Post by KDXtra »

Hi everyone!
First, I would like to say, This is one awesome forum! My name is Mark and I picked up an 89 KDX E for my son a few months ago. After finding this site and reading for days ( enormous amount of info) I can finally say this bike runs perfect. Many hours in the garage tinkering and ignoring the wife have payed off. Thanks to all of you who have been there way before me and love the art of dirt bike riding. Your expertise is greatly appreciated. But the fun is'nt over yet, now its time to do all the tricks and toys that make each bike unique.SO, go ahead and through out those ideas. I know I will be in for a good read! KDXtra, MARK
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New Florida KDX owner

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the site and congratulations on the bike.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New Florida KDX owner

Post by Julien D »

Welcome to KDXRIDER! The E bikes are awesome. If you've been pouring over these forums, I am sure you have absorbed quite a bit of info already. Two problem areas on your bike are the power valves, and the water pump seal. You can replace the water pump seal with the double seal setup from the later E bikes (I think 92 - 94, someone comfirm?). For a pipe, you can still get a NOS DG for it from dirtoverstock.com. Great pipe. Your other option is an FMF gold/fatty, but you'll be looking to ebay to find one of those. Any questions, just post 'em up!