Missouri mudder new to kdx

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Muddmo

Post by Muddmo »

I bought a basket case 1989 KDX200 mid winter and have been peicing it back together. I ride trials normally ( 2006 gasgas 280txt pro) (also ride a ktm 200exc with a recluse clutch) but thought the old kdx deserved to be put back on the trails. It came with 2 complete motors, both had crank and cylinder issues, and clutch basket problems, but ebay and racers toy store got her running nice again. Still working on jetting but a 150 main , 42 pilot, and a dgk needle set in middle notch seems to run pretty good. Thanks for the dgk needle advice. the stock 1172n was not working anywhere I set it. She looks like a plain jane now , no decals, I may just leave it as is, I like the sleeper look. Got a vee rubber trials tire on the way and it should be ready to hit the woods, I will try to post some before and after pics, if I can figure out how to. Snorkel is removed, new air filter, fresh repack on the spark arrestor, new b8es plug, full fmf fatty exhaust, 600 ft above sea level. It has been a fun winter project.
Muddmo

Re: Missouri mudder new to kdx

Post by Muddmo »

Muddmo

Post by Muddmo »

Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Now that, is an intro! Welcome to the forum, and thank you for saving another E series KDX!
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

You sir are rich in plastic storage tubs :lol: Youll have a great bike too in the end. Welcome aboard.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.