Upstate ny

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Kevin1742

Upstate ny

Post by Kevin1742 »

I just found this site yesterday, I bought my 1996 kdx 200 about a month ago and I love it. I'm in to street bikes but never had a trail woods bike. I was wondering if there is any other New Yorkers on here cause I would like to find more p,aces to ride. Thanks a gin
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Upstate ny

Post by rbates9 »

Where about in upstate NY are you? I'm about an hour northeast of Albany.
Kevin1742

Re: Upstate ny

Post by Kevin1742 »

I'm in oneonta in between Binghamton and Albany.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Upstate ny

Post by rbates9 »

Thats a few hours away. I don't ever make it out that far to ride so I can't help with riding places, unless you want to head east.
whc

Upstate ny

Post by whc »

I from northern ny, Hermon not much riding here unless you have private land, or an atv plate then theres a trail network abound Moira. My mother inlaw lives in the albany area is there much riding in the area. thanks whc
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Upstate ny

Post by rbates9 »

Albany is a broad area so I will use Crossgates mall as a reference point. There is CATRA, that is about 45 minutes north west from there. Pretty much straight west of Saratoga. NCATVA is probably about an hour and fifteen minutes north of there. In the town of Hadley. There is a new club that just started in Petersburg about an hour east of there. A few motocross tracks scattered around. And there is another place somewhere off 90 around exit 11 or 12 that I haven't been to yet so I can't really say where it is exactly.

Unless you know someone it is pretty much pay to play anywhere around here. Most of the old trails have been closed / posted so it is best to stay out of them.

How often do you make it around Albany?