New to the forum

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
KAWASAKICHRIS

New to the forum

Post by KAWASAKICHRIS »

Hello all.
Im new to the forum but not new to the KDX. I've been a KDX220R Owner since 2000. I was 12 when my father bought it for me.... Not to mention i was still in a half castfrom a broken tibia from my wreck on my 90's kx80 racer and couldnt reach the ground or start it unless i was on a stand. And have loved the bike ever since. Upgrades include FMF gnarly woods and powercore II, FMF torque reeds. I'm interested to learn what everyones upgrades are for this bike. I'm no where near the potential of the bike. Although i've never done a top end on the bike after 13 years of riding and feel it might be the year for it. I take great care in this bike seeing that it's been 13 years and never any top end work. I can start the bike with my hand dont know if thats normal but it shows the compression isn't much. Still can pull the wheel up in 3 gear at least. It's an amazing trail bike compared to my XR400(weisco 435 and hot cams stage one) which is a tractor in it's own right.
KAWASAKICHRIS

New to the forum

Post by KAWASAKICHRIS »

Image here's the ride as to date.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: New to the forum

Post by diymirage »

that is a good looking bike
i like the way you changed the forkboots over to green (dont think i ever saw that before but it matches very well)

it does sound like you are running low on compression (or you are regional champion armwrestler?)
neither one of my 200s you can even move the kickstarter by hand

when you get round to doing the top end just take your time and you'll be fine
pay attention to how it comes apart and it will go back together the exact same way
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New to the forum

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums. If you don't already have one, get a service manual. There is nothing on these bikes that can't be done in nearly every garage in the world with just basic tools. Part of what makes it so great. Nice looking 220