born again so to speak!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
cjrincon03
Supporting Member

born again so to speak!

Post by cjrincon03 »

ok guys, my first and only post was April 2011, here i am 2 years later, kdx still not running, lol. I have been into honda 4x4's and guns, due to the current legislation, ammo prices soaring and the U.S. gun craze, im looking for something to bide my time while everything calms down.

my nephews are 7 & 8 and just got a crf 70 and a crf 100. they need a riding buddy. im too big for the 100 but i ride it around the field behind them and they swap out riding the 70. i need to get my 1995 kdx going. so here i am, lets try this again!

ive had the kdx since i was 14, it was like new when i bought it. i have put it through heck and back, im now 24 and it needs some serious attention!!
95 KDX
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

born again so to speak!

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome back. What seems to be keeping the KDX from going again?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
cjrincon03
Supporting Member

Re: born again so to speak!

Post by cjrincon03 »

heavily abused for one!

major thing,
LAst time i tried to ride it, it wouldnt start after umpteen kicks, pulled plug and swapped it and still nothing, pulled it behind my atv and it wasnt even trying to crank still. After tinkering it cranked for about 8 seconds(running poorly) and i gave it some gas and it bogged and died and thats it! hasnt ran since. i pulled off exhaust and checked for dirt dobber nests and such (been outside in the country AWHILE) no blockages, parked inside my shed and thats where its been for 2 years un touched.

it also needs a gas tank, cracked starting where the petcock bolts in and headed towards the radiator. used some 3 m green glue , it stopped leaking but i dont wanna be THAT guy. The bolts that hold the fairings to the gas tank wont come out, both sides spinning inside the tank

tire is bald,

im going to repost this also in the right section so i may can get some more posts on it.
95 KDX
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

born again so to speak!

Post by scheckaet »

dirty carb, plugged up jets is most likely your issue.