KDX in the "Live Free or Die" state...

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
noshoes

Post by noshoes »

Just picked up a 2003 kdx 200.Putting her on the road so I will be looking for a "quite" exhaust some graphics and hand guards among other things...I have owned countless motorcycles but this is my first Enduro...Cheers Tom..
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

It should be super quiet with the stock exhaust. If it seems loud, I'd check your muffler as it looks like the turn may have been cut off, maybe a PO altered it. Used OEM pipes and silencers are pretty easy to find. Welcome to the site!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: KDX in the "Live Free or Die" state...

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your KDX.

It should be pretty quiet with the stock exhaust pipe and spark arrestor.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
noshoes

Post by noshoes »

Thanks....What the consistence for the "quietest" aftermarket exhaust system???
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Any aftermarket exhaust will be louder then stock. Probably any after market pipe with one of those carbon fiber pipe guards will be your best bet for keeping the noise down. Short of wrapping the pipe in something like header wrap. Other then looks and some weight not much is gained from replacing the stock silencer. But if you want to replace it I would look at the FMF turbin core Q.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Yeah, the KDX is one of those rare beasts where the stock silencer really works well. If you're keeping the stock pipe no reason to change silencers other than the desire to spend cash. Even with an aftermarket pipe, the stock unit is the quietest and works well. At the end of the day, it's still a 2T so it's still going to get noticed :grin: Plenty of other areas to throw money before you get to pipes, suspension being the first.