1991 kdx 200

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Mobemonkey

1991 kdx 200

Post by Mobemonkey »

Hi there, I have just bought a kdx 200 I think it's a 1991... Planning to go enduro racing as well as exploring the green lanes around the uk.

I'm really struggling to find a Decent manual to start, the clymer manuals only seen to cover the air cooled models upto 88 and Haynes don't seem to do a manual at all!

Can anyone help! :) I'm looking start small like cleaning filters and spark plug, changing oil and getting her running nice before diving in a bit deeper...

Any help would be great! Anyone else around the south of the uk??

James
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 1991 kdx 200

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on your bike!

Clymer never made a liquid-cooled version manual. Haynes never made anything.

Can you post pictures or a frame number and engine number to help identify the year?

Do you have a metal gas tank or a plastic fuel tank??

The spark plug may be NGK BR8ES, depending on what you have.

air filter:

Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Mobemonkey

Post by Mobemonkey »

I've got a photo if the bike but I'm not sure how to put it up on here...

It's got a metal fuel tank, will get the frame numbers off the bike tomorrow, it's certainly a liquid cooled model, do they differ much through the years?

Are the original manuals worth looking at? I have found a number on eBay, but I don't know how much detail they will go into...

Thanks for the advice...
KDXsg

1991 kdx 200

Post by KDXsg »

The 89-94 KDX 200 in UK are all SR model. yours got a metal tank which is even sure that it is the SR model which is only 9.5L. the US E model got the plastic tank which is 12L. I changed mine to the plastic one for that extra 2.5L with some mod. but that SR model 28mm carb sucks. the round silde tend to chip off. good idea to change that for a WR200 mikuni TM30 carb, direct bolt on.
A true KDX customizer!!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hi. You have what is known as an "SR" model. You can look through some posts here for a little bit of info on them. The SR models were never sold in the USA, so we in the USA don't know a ton about them. Kawasaki only sold off-road only KDX models in the USA.

I assume yours looks something like this:

Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128