Hi there from an Italian in Ireland

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
The_Italian

Hi there from an Italian in Ireland

Post by The_Italian »

Hi there community !!! :grin: :drinkers:

I just joined, and would appreciate your help in order to gain the basci knowledge about KDX-KXE.
I live in Ireland where enduro is not popular at all even if the country is mostly waste land.

I'm 40 something, I've done a few small enduro -rally races in Italy between 1988 and 1990.
I now own a Yamaha srx 1987 ( for sale) a Royal Enfield Bullet classic with sidecar, and I'm working on an enfield ISDE replica ish.

I'm planning to buy a KDX or KXE in a year time or less ( need to sell the Yama first) and I'm oriented on the 250 because of personal choice and the fact that the trails here are mostly forest road. plush I'm 185 cms and weigh 85 kgs plus gear so i need a torquey bike.

I would like you to point me to the best threads here like "All you want and need to know about the kdx, what to look for when buying one, or the best kdx 250 was built in .... because". Can you advise on what price to pay in Europe ?
Can you as well suggest the best threads about the mods to do to it and what accessories , parts are a must ?

Thanks and ride safe.
Enrico
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hi there from an Italian in Ireland

Post by Julien D »

Welcome! KDX250 is not as common a machine as the KDX200 KDX220. The water cooled model was only produced from 1991 - 1994, or at least distributed in the US during those years. Some interesting KDX's pop up overseas that we haven't seen in the states. If you get the opportunity to ride a 200/220 and compare it to a 250, it might suit you well to do so. Obviously going with one of the former would open you up to newer machines. The 250 had an epic motor, pretty much a WR version of an early water cooled KX250. Suspension leaves much to be desired, and needs some work to be competitive. You might check this out for some general KDX info:

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=12457
The_Italian

Re: Hi there from an Italian in Ireland

Post by The_Italian »

Thanks a lot Julien !! :grin: