Hello from Calgary!!!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Ynot303

Hello from Calgary!!!

Post by Ynot303 »

New to KDX riders, but not to dirt biking :supz:

I'm a long time KTM guy who has recently developed serious Dirt Bike ADD. I just sold my KTM 450 and my Beta 270 and bought an RMZ 250 set up for off road.

I read an article in Dirt Bike Magazine about the Service Honda KDx 200 in a KX250f frame and I loved the idea so much (My first big bike was a 1989 KDX 200) I immediately went on ebay :twisted: I ended up with a 2009 kx250f chassis and a complete engine from a 1995 KDX 200... Grand total $950 (with lots still to buy) The engine looks like it's had relatively light use, but it will get a full rebuild (Top to bottom) just to ensure that it won't be a problem.

My intention is to have it ready for late fall and use it as a winter machine with my Trelleborgs mounted up and grip heaters burnin hot :grin:

I was referred here by a nice gentleman who said that there is some great info and lots of hybrids here at KDX Riders.

Awesome site guys
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello from Calgary!!!

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on "going green". :grin: Your project sounds like an awesome one.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Calgary!!!

Post by bufftester »

Will be an awesome build, with some challenges (but nothing some good welding can't resolve). Lots of good info in the Hybrid forums, though not a lot on the aluminum frame as most opt to use 99-05 KX125 frames (steel) since the KDX is based off the 125 (makes frame fitment a lot easier). Not that it can't be done, lots of KX500 and CR500AF conversions running around so you may want to look at some of those builds for info as well. I still think an air cooled KDX engine in a 250F chassis would be cool to see.

Oh, and welcome!
Ynot303

Hello from Calgary!!!

Post by Ynot303 »

Thanks guys! I'll try and post some pictures up once I get started :mrgreen: