Hi from Oklahoma, new to this

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Doc76

Post by Doc76 »

Hello from Oklahoma, just found a great 92 KDX 250. I am super excited to learn about it this is my first real two stroke that's an actual big boy bike. The guy I bought it from had meticulous records and was well cared for, I want to keep it that way. Are there any particular threads that are recommended I'm looking to maybe lean it out a bit and increase performance a bit. I'm running 42 and 165 on my jets and second position from top of my needle. I ordered some boyesen power reeds and was thinking I might go with a 40 and 160 when I install them. Anyway I'm really glad to be here and thanks for any input I'll keep reading threads and trying to soak it all in.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

welcome.
check my sig for jetting guide.
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Hi from Oklahoma, new to this

Post by royadams »

I run a 38 155 #6 slide and a leaner needle in mine. It has a fmf fatty pipe, boysen reeds and the air box opened up. What I've read most run 38 or 40 155 or 158 #6 slide and leaner needle. This is just a start all bikes are different and require some work to get dialed in
Doc76

Post by Doc76 »

Thanks for all the great info and especially the links I've been reading all day awesome site
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Welcome! The KDX250 is a beast! :supz:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Doc76

Post by Doc76 »

Alright I've been reading and tinkering all last night and morning installed 40 and 158 jets (because I had them here) there is a noticeable improvement, but I seem to have a spongy or soft spot at about 1/8 throttle. Really a dead spot just a hiccup. If I rip it to WOT fine, accelerates smooth and works great only notice it when it's rolling at idle speed then accelerate very slowly. Any way I was thinking about removing the snorkel or opening up the air box somehow to see if that makes any difference. I am not at this juncture doing anything undo able just to play it safe. Thanks folks. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Kaw installed the wrong slide in the KDX250. You need to find a #6 slide, or modify yours, as it will clean up a lot of jetting problems.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R