Hello from South Central PA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
K50X200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Hello from South Central PA

Post by K50X200 »

Hello!
My name is Kip - Just picked up a 2000 KDX200 w/ a Baja Designs dual sport kit a couple weeks ago and am hoping to do some trail riding & dual sporting with it. I've been out of motorcycling since I sold my DT 250 22 years ago, when I moved back to the east coast from Cali - but the kids are now in their late teens and the wife seems to think that I need a hobby! So after trolling CL for a month or so I end up with what I think is a pretty sweet ride! I started out 32 years ago on a Kawasaki 175 enduro, so getting sort of the updated version of that has been fun! I've been told it may be a bit of a mid-life crisis by a few friends, hence the username!
When I bought the KDX I thought it was inspection ready - Ha! not quite! So I had to fab up a chainguard from a ebay salvage piece, install a rear DOT tire (which may have been one of the hardest, and most frustrating things I have ever done mechanically! Wow, I cannot imagine doing that along a trail somewhere!), new front brake light switch - Next is a trip to the inspection station and then I'm anxiously waiting for spring to head to Tower City!
KDXRider.net has been a great resource for information about the bike and I do apprerciate all who have taken time to give of their knowledge here on the forum. I look forward to spending more time here!

Here's a couple pics...
"00 KDX200 - Baja Designs D/S Kit, '03 KLX300 Forks, KB5 Suspension Mods, Keihn 35 ASQV, Boyesen Rad Valve, Gnarly Woods Pipe
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Re: Hello from South Central PA

Post by ICRage42 »

very nice bike man wow super clean :blink:
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
K50X200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by K50X200 »

Thanks! I'm the third owner - the second owner put an odometer on w/ the dual sport kit - the odometer has 357 miles (he did 3 dual sports)!
He told me when he bought it it was like brand new, pulled the head to look at the cylinder and said it was clean. I'm guessing there's maybe 500 miles on it.
It was a lucky find for me! I didn't realize the reputation of the kdx when I looked at it, but the guy I bought it off of told me about it.
"00 KDX200 - Baja Designs D/S Kit, '03 KLX300 Forks, KB5 Suspension Mods, Keihn 35 ASQV, Boyesen Rad Valve, Gnarly Woods Pipe
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Looks nice and clean. I dig the white frame. The fact that's it's plated is definitely a bonus!
K50X200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by K50X200 »

Thanks! The second owner said he didn't like the green frame - So he took the bike completely apart & had the frame painted at an auto body shop. He was a big fan of the KDX, this was his second one. I definitely was looking for something that was plated to do the dual sports & ride on the street occcasionally, if I get the urge!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

ICRage42 wrote:very nice bike man wow super clean :blink:
Definitely! Super clean and the white frame sets it apart! Welcome to the forum! :partyman:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Thedude1973
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Thedude1973 »

Nice clean bike! Good to meet you.
Dude...
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postigo »

Congrats on your new bike... Looks good and very clean.
The Doctor says I have multiple personality desorder... But we are not agree...
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

does look very good
real clean

not a big fan of the baja headlight though, that looks very 80ish

also, how is the springability of those indicators?
does it look like they will survive a run in with a tree?

i have a complete custom set up on my bike and i actually used an old die spring that mounts to the center of the rear fender and the turn signals attach to the end of the spring

you can bounce of trees and the fold flat and spring right back like it didnt even faze them :)

oh, almost forgot
you'll get better at those tires
get yourself a good set of tire irons and plenty of practice and you'll get used to it in no time
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike