Hello from Auburn

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
cokecan500

Hello from Auburn

Post by cokecan500 »

Hey guys!
I've been riding motorcycles for a couple years now (all street, but always wanted a dirt bike since the beginning). I'm a student at Auburn (in AL), and over the break a buddy picked up a KDX for me for $240 while I was in Huntsville with family. I only glanced at the bike briefly last night on my way into town. The rest I know about it as of now is from what he's told me, and pics he posted on facebook for me...

It's a '95 KDX 200, but it hasn't been ridden in a little while, and will need a little cleanup which I'm hoping to start today, and some parts. I found you guys a couple days ago when I was searching for a kick starter, and again today while searching for a service manual. If anybody can offer suggestions on either it would be much appreciated! I read something about an online manual being linked on the home page here, but haven't had any luck finding it yet :hmm:

Looking forward to browsing the forums and learning more about the bike- I can't wait to get it running and find out what I've been missing all these years! :lol: :boogie: :supz:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello from Auburn

Post by Julien D »

Welcome! Glad you found us, and congrats on your new bike!

Online manual here: http://www.cyclepedia.com/kawasaki-kdx2 ... ice-guide/

The one year subscription is all you will need. Just make sure you have printed the entire thing before your year is up. For the kicker, there are some threads around here about building a sort of hybrid kicker using a KX250 boss and kx125 lever. Works great, lasts longer than the stocker, and has a shorter throw. That is what I ended up doing when I lost my stock kicker on the trail. frpoffroad also offers a nice custom unit, if it falls within your budget.
cokecan500

Post by cokecan500 »

Cool thanks Julien!

Looks like the gas tank has a couple leaks that are going to be needed to be patched too.. The cheapest I found from a quick search was more than I paid for the bike :roll: Unless one from another bike that is much cheaper would also fit by chance?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Hello from Auburn

Post by rbates9 »

95 and up are the same bike. So a gas tank from any of those years will work. They did change colors every few years from green to purple back to green and then to black.
cokecan500

Hello from Auburn

Post by cokecan500 »

So why do you say 250 boss and 125 lever? A couple guys on another forum say the 125 boss will fit my 200..?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I don't know of a kx 125 boss that fits. Whoever told you that,ask 'em what year.

Check out this thread (thanks, Nick), it explains it pretty darn well.

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10228