From UN ZED

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Biggles
Gold Member
Gold Member

From UN ZED

Post by Biggles »

Greetings forum members. Been planning this build for a few years now and is top of my bucket list of toys to acquire. Tried converting to the 4 stroke scene but there just not for me, to old school i think and just love the smell of premix. Anyway, now have a young daughter and another on the way so a KDX/KX cheap cost, max fun machine is go (2K US total with new bearings, plastics, brake pads, chain, sprockets, pipe/muffler and rebuilt suspension with heavier springs so happy with the project)

Looked for three years for a roller at the right price and after I found one I sourced a motor just two weeks later, beginners luck maybe? Have posted more details under the hybrid forum with heading 2003 Hybrid. One thing I will say is that with forums like this the build has been quite straight forward apart from the muffler stuff up.

So cheers and hope you like the build in the forum, it might not be to everyones taste but this bike I'm building for me >QBB<
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: From UN ZED

Post by Julien D »

Welcome, glad to have you! You won't get any criticism here for wanting to build a hybrid!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

From UN ZED

Post by SS109 »

Welcome and good luck on the build! :supz:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Biggles
Gold Member
Gold Member

From UN ZED

Post by Biggles »

SS109 wrote:Welcome and good luck on the build! :supz:
SS109 - I see your doing an AF. The guys in the workshop and I have been talking about a RMX250 into an AF. I know its not a KDX, but the 250's are pretty rare on the ground over this way. I will wait to see how my hybrid turns out before I do anything but :blink:
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

From UN ZED

Post by SS109 »

Considering how dated the RM250 chassis is, I think an RM AF conversion would be a hell of a bike.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R