n00b from SW Pennsylvania

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Hey guys, new KDX owner here! After not riding for about 2 years (too broke in college), my buddy was selling his girlfriends KDX and wanted me to buy it. I rode it all day on a Sunday, couldnt stop thinking about it for a couple of a days, so I bought it lol. I've always rode 4-strokes growing up, so this would be my first 2-stroke. Im still getting use to the differences in power and riding style, but I couldnt be more happy with the bike, an absolute blast to ride.

Here's me with it, we rode in the snow this past Saturday:

Its an 03, I'm the third owner (wasn't ridden much by the previous 2 owners, I know them both), the only aftermarket stuff on it that I am aware of is a Procircuit pipe. Immediate plans for this winter include tearing her all apart, cleaning out the carb, detailing everything so it looks like new, change oil and plug, put a KX front fender on it, and probably do a bunch of the mods that I was reading about the "best of the best mods" thread.

I'm extremely happy to have found this board. I've been creepin around for a few days here and there and I'm finding TONS of great info; so thanks everyone! I still have a lot to learn though, but hey, thats the fun part right? I can't wait to see how my bike and my riding style/technique progresses from here!

I'm Tyler by the way
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: n00b from SW Pennsylvania

Post by Julien D »

Hello, Tyler. Welcome to KDXRIDER, we're glad to have you! Congrats on the new bike, I hope it treats you well. As you've seen, there's lot's of information to be found just searching and browsing here. If you have any specific questions, please post away.

Thanks for joining up!

Jason
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

welcome abaord
looks like a good bike :)

just to save you some time though...the KDX and KX front fenders are the same , the only difference is the odometer meter cable gaurd on the KDX is missing on the KX version ;)
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Welcome!

It looks like the original front tire on that bike. If it were me I would replace that as soon as possible. You will be surprised at what a real front tire will do.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Thanks for the welcome! and thanks for the info about the KX fender, I was under the assumption that the KX fender was going to be a little smaller and i dunno, less boxy i guess lol. I hate that big ol thing floppin all around when it gets all caked up with mud.

I've got a whole mess of little questions that I need answers to. I wanna do some more searchin first before I go asking questions that have been asked 100 times on here lol, but after that I'm sure I'll be asking away!

thanks again
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

You can get a KX fender that will be different. It will just depend on what year you get it for. The newer fenders tend to be less boxy.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project