Hi from Canberra Australia

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Bogan

Hi from Canberra Australia

Post by Bogan »

Howdy,

Stumbled in here after links in all sorts of other bike forums led me here, I've sold my two road bikes and for the moment I'm dirt only, to the point of trailering my bike to the forests where we ride.

I'm also about to put 13/51 gearing on it for the bush (this is what we call the woods) so that will make it even less practical for any road work.

I've spent a bit of money lately, it has a Pro Circuit Platinum 2 and a Factory Sound silencer (which it came with when we bought it three years ago) and I also put the sticker kit on it.

Have been playing a bit in the forests, I'd much rather own 800 acres and go exploring it daily than have a MX track in my backyard and hit the same jump/berm/rut 50 times a day.

I haven't played with jetting yet but that may come later, other than that I'm pretty happy with the bike it does what I want it to most of the time, the only thing I could wish for would be more power and torque, but I realise it's only a 200.

Here's a pretty recent pic but that was before the pipe guard and bash plate (both Moose) went on:

Last edited by Bogan on 05:17 pm Nov 27 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hi from Canberra Australia

Post by Julien D »

Hello, and welcome! The KDX has a good amount of horsepower and torque. If you find it lacking, a few mods can help. Remove or perforate the airbox lid and properly jet it. I place the most importance on that. People are consistently amazed what a difference jetting the bike makes. The PC pipe helps, and is a good mid-range pipe. If you want more focus on top or bottom end, an FMF desert or woods pipe might be worth looking at. If you're still looking for more, head and carb mods are available as well.

FYI, your pic does not work, since you used a direct link to a forum that requires username/password to view attachments. You should upload to photobucket or another image hosting site and then use the IMG code to post it here. :)
Bogan

Post by Bogan »

Thanks for the welcome, I used to own an XR600, so while it may be an unfair comparison, and the KDX may perform great for a 200cc bike it does lack torque compared to some other models :). I will be jetting it probably in autumn or winter (we're coming into the heat of summer now).

I signed up for Photobucket I think I've fixed the image now?

Cheers,

Tony
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yep, the image is fixed. Bike looks great! XR600 and KDX are apples and oranges, yes.