fuel tank change ?

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
tautsock

fuel tank change ?

Post by tautsock »

Hey guys, im new to the site, great site getting heaps of good info from everyone ! ive loved KDX's ever since they came out, ive owned KTM's for years now but recently had the opertunity to pick up a 1991 ( i think ) kdx 200 frame says DX200 ? it has a steel fuel tank that has been repaired in the past at some point and is leaking again, does anyone know if another model tank in plastic is an option ? The bike is an import model into australia and cannotr be registered, any feed back would be great, thanks brent.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

fuel tank change ?

Post by rbates9 »

If it has a steel tank it is probably an SR. I would guess that a regular E series tank would fit but can't say for sure.
tautsock

Re: fuel tank change ?

Post by tautsock »

ok thanks for the reply.
suzuki 166

Post by suzuki 166 »

the plastic e tank does fit you will have to ditch the oil tank if it still has one and use premix and cut the metal post off that the metal tank fits on at the rear and make a strap
tautsock

Post by tautsock »

Thanks suzuki 166, already fitted and worked out what you had suggested, thanks for reply.
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

I am also going the plastic tank route. Can you post some pictures of your conversion? Many thanks.
A true KDX customizer!!