Hello from the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Qld Australia

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

Hi, found this site whilst researching KDX 200's, it helped me make up my mind to purchase 1 for my 11 year old as his next bike (he is a very tall for his age) so long and the short of it purchased him a '97 KDX 200. The Bike has been sitting un ridden for a while and had wheel bearings, fork seals, brake pads, chain and sprockets, CDI unit, choke plunger all replaced 12 months ago( Have receipt for work).

The problem with bike is that it will not idle, have tried ajusting the Idle and air mixture screw but both seem to have no effect. The bike on the run seems to have a strong pull through bottom and mid range but to me runs out of puff very quickly exspecially in first. any thoughts/suggestions appeciated.

Thanks in advance

Alan
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Welcome to the site!

It sounds like the carb is in need of a good cleaning, and maybe a new pilot jet. A word of caution when cleaning the carb is to NOT soak the carb in any kind of carb cleaner due to the jet block o ring.

After you get the carb cleaned out it would be worth your time to go thru this http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=1156
BigAl

Re: Hello from the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Qld Australia

Post by BigAl »

Thanks for that, great link, very helpful.