n00bie says hi

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
P455

n00bie says hi

Post by P455 »

First, howdy all. I've been lurking on this board for a while and thought I should join up.

Second, what the hell is up with that "other" board?? A guy last week posted a question, it got deleted, posted another asking why and it also got deleted. Screw that. I'm over here now.

Third, I just installed an FMF rev pipe and 12 tooth CS on my '04 200 today and holy crap. I went with the desert pipe because I like to playride on MX tracks, mainly chasing my son on his KX85. I also ride quite a bit of trails, so I figured I'd make up for the rev pipe by dropping the CS sprocket one tooth.

Little did I know this combination was so potent! The bike has always been able to lift the front end in 1st or 2nd, but I was just out test riding it around the block, hit third gear and whacked the throttle open and BAM, she stood up nice and proud! I don't notice any loss of low end from stock thanks to the lower gearing. That desert pipe sure revs out nice compared to the stocker too.

Anyway, everyone have a good day, hope you got to ride this weekend. I'll be around here quite a bit, been a fan of CC and the rest of you guys for some time.

Mike
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Welcome. Glad you found us here. The "other" site !!! What other site ??? You mean that place still exsists. :rolleyes: Enjoy your stay.... Trev :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome to the site.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Another dad and son combo......just GREAT!!! Just what we need. Ha!!! Just joking! Welcome aboard, both you and the boy. There's lots more to do to your KDX so get ready to have as much fun wrenching as you do riding. Both tasks are to be done with that young rider of yours of course.

There's a gallery to post your pics, a forum to outline your bike hop-ups too. So get busy!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
P455

Post by P455 »

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I'll post up a few pics from our camping/riding trip to New Mexico in the gallery area.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the group. No need to lurk, as everyone has something to contribute. Thanks for sharing your experience with the pipe and sprocket change. It's good to hear that you have your son involved, too. If you ever have any questions, ask away!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Looks like you had alot of fun riding!
I'm going for 5 days starting Thursday at Land Between the Lakes in Tennessee so I will post lots of pics too. And then there's that West Coast ride... I'm gonna need more server space..... :?

Glad you found us.... Gotta try to make the Memorial Day Ride '06! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
P455

Post by P455 »

OK, I updated my gallery with this year's New Mexico trip pics. We didn't get to stay as long as we wanted this year, but we still had a good time. My son and I try to get away every summer and camp for a week up in the mountains of NM. This year was his first trip with his new KX.

Here's a link to last year's trip report over on AdvRider:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49018

I highly recommend the Cloudcroft area to anyone who likes trail riding, there's hundreds of acres of National Forest land, tight single track, two track, you name it. It's all free to ride because YOU OWN IT.

Mike
dave04kdx
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dave04kdx »

Welcome to the site. Great bunch of guys here. :prayer:

Thanks much for the tip on the riding/camping area. I think it would be great for my son and I to spend some time riding/camping in Lincoln N/F next summer. Looks like it is just over a 6 hour drive for us east on I-10. :grin:
At age 4 success is . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . having friends.
At age 80 success is . not peeing in your pants.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

you are soo lucky you got those trails near you, if they were near me i would be riding them everyday!!!
gwhII

Post by gwhII »

Belated howdy! I'm not too far down the road from you (compared to some of the others here) :-) Great pics! About how long does it take to go from SA to Lincoln NF?

Best,
Greg
'03 KDX200 -Mine
'03 CRF230 - Daughter's
'03 XR100R - Son's
'02 CBR600F4i - Street
'63 Seagrave 531B, '42 Seagrave Aerial
P455

Post by P455 »

My mom lives in Las Cruces, it takes about 10 hours or so to drive there from SA. Add another 1 or 2 to get to Lincoln, although there's probably a shorter route than going to my moms first.
gwhII

Post by gwhII »

Thanks, P455. That's not too bad. Sounds like a good next summer trip.

Best,
Greg
'03 KDX200 -Mine
'03 CRF230 - Daughter's
'03 XR100R - Son's
'02 CBR600F4i - Street
'63 Seagrave 531B, '42 Seagrave Aerial
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Another belated welcome.

But...welcome anyway!

You have next Memorial Day on your calendar, right?

There's a 'Big Ride Days' all scheduled around some Aussie coming over this way. Even Inda said he's coming out for it! (you're still saying that...right?)

TX isn't THAT far away! Pickup GW on the way..and come on up!!

Hang around the 'Group Rides' forum to see when we get to whip-up on the Man From Oz!!

;)

Cheers!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!