New to the forum from North Carolina..

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Heers68

New to the forum from North Carolina..

Post by Heers68 »

Hello all, I just picked up a 1999 KDX 200 for $500.00 that needs a few things but runs strong! I had been on hiatus from dirt riding for a good 20 years after being a road rider during that time. Really wanted to get back into dirt riding,especially two stroke riding so I found this KDX locally and here we go! I grew up in NW PA ,riding in the woods there and doing some local MX racing. Had various bikes, first was a 73' Kawasaki 100 on / off bike,next came a 1980 Yamaha IT 175 then started racing a RM 125(83) and a KX 125(84), then finally had a 82 Maico 490 Alpha 1 ( awesome bike that had to be respected!!) always wanted a KDX though, so I hope that this ends up being my favorite bike. Alot stronger than my IT 175, that's for sure! This KDX has a FMF pipe and silencer,pipe has no name on it like "fatty" or otherwise , just says "feel the power" below the " FMF" does anyone know how old this pipe is or what it's power band characteristics are supposed to be? Has an earlier looking power core looking silencer, just says " FMF " on it,the oval type with the curved stinger pipe in the back, has ridges running down the side of the canister, anyone know the model name and age of it? Bike had been setting for a while and the clutch is not acting right as of yet. It wants to drag when put in gear but also doesn't want to engage when the clutch is released and will suddenly engage sometimes? When it is engaged it does not seem to slip though? Any ideas? I have fresh oil in the crank case, and have messed with cable adjustment but haven't opened the bottom end up yet. Like to say HELLO to all here and appreciate any info you have for me on the clutch... :grin: