Newbie in Oklahoma with an 87 KDX200

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Newbie in Oklahoma with an 87 KDX200

Post by Goofaroo »

Hi all,

I'm glad to find an active forum for these bikes. I just bought a 1987 KDX200 and I'll be bringing it back to life for my son. I have an 85 XR350R that I have owned for almost 20 years but I have always been intrigued by the 87 and 88 KDX200 so when I found one that was complete and in decent cosmetic condition I snapped it up. I'll have plenty of questions for the experts on the forum and I look forward to getting myself educated about these bikes. I'm 47 and I live in Edmond Oklahoma. I do some street biking but my first love has always been dirt and in my younger days I used to do some desert and cross country racing and I did some trials for a few years. Now I just enjoy trail riding and the occasional trip to Colorado or New Mexico. We have some really good and very technical trails here in Oklahoma and I think the KDX will make a great bike for my son and to loan to friends that would like to go riding with me. I'm also very curious to try it out myself. A friend of mine had a 88 KDX200 back in 1988 and that is the last time I rode one but I've always remembered it as an excellent woods bike. Really looking forward to this new project.
the machinist
Supporting Member

Re: Newbie in Oklahoma with an 87 KDX200

Post by the machinist »

Welcome,
Read the old posts!!!!!!!!
-Matt