Another New KDX owner

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
RailwayRog
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Another New KDX owner

Post by RailwayRog »

I just purchased a 2006 kdx200 with about 260 miles on it.
The first thing I want to do is go through the entire bike and change the fluids and re grease everything. I haven't owned a 2 stroke since the late 70's so i have to get up to speed.
I would like to get my hands on a shop manual or at least know what the torque specs are. If anybody could point me in that direction I'd appreciate that.
Also I'll be in the market for performance parts and I need add bark busters and all the rock guards for North East woods riding.
Any recommendations for online oem parts dealers? Or I should ask where do people by there online parts?
Thanx,
Roger
Racing220

Re: Another New KDX owner

Post by Racing220 »

Replace the stock piston!!!! ASAP
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Welcome.

No worries about the stock piston. The 200 stock unit works just fine, and with 260 miles it should have plenty of life left. Might be worth checking compression to be sure it's within spec. I usually hit Ebay for items such as pipes, etc. For a little free performance boost you can ditch the airbox lid and re-jet. That and an aftermarket pipe will really wake things up.
Racing220

Post by Racing220 »

Oh I misread that, and thought it was a 220.