NEW

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
636ripper

NEW

Post by 636ripper »

I recently became a member of this site. I am a proud owner of a 2005 KDX 220R. My KDX was stolen a little more then 2 years ago and I recently recovered it (July,27). It is not in the same condition as when it was stolen and needs some work. It was ridden as if it was stolen, and the plastics and frame show it. I could tell it has seen a lot of abuse with little to almost no TLC. I'm torn, I'm not sure if I want to spend the money and time fixing it and bringing up to the condition it was in before it was stolen or just sell it or trade it in on something else. I truely love the bike but feel it will never be the same. I am concidering a total rebuild inculding having the frame powercoated and replacing all the bearings etc.
Koko

NEW

Post by Koko »

If you do a total rebuild, you have the ability to make it better than it ever was. Plus it will have a cool story behind. Obviously not cool for the 2 years it was missing. But it's home now. So I say enjoy!
Brian
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

NEW

Post by Brian »

I agree, it's home now.
KX 250, KDX 220, KDX 220, KDX 200, CR 80

I don't believe in a society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existance---Nick Inatsch
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

NEW

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
CoronasAndChips
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: NEW

Post by CoronasAndChips »

Did you decide yet? If it still runs fine and has good compression your just left with cosmetics which are way cheaper than finding another one and rebuilding.
Elbow grease contains no trans fat!
CoronasAndChips on XBox Live
BFBC2, BF3, COD 2,3,4, Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, Tiger Woods 08' and 09' and Forza 2..... mostly
CoronasAndChips
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: NEW

Post by CoronasAndChips »

Oh and Welcome to the site........
Elbow grease contains no trans fat!
CoronasAndChips on XBox Live
BFBC2, BF3, COD 2,3,4, Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, Tiger Woods 08' and 09' and Forza 2..... mostly