Hello, New KDX owner from NW PA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
95_KDX200

Post by 95_KDX200 »

Hello all, I am a new member here and a new KDX 200 owner. I have been riding since I was on my Suzuki 50 in 1985. I then moved up to a KX 80, XR100, and 350 Warrior. I took a 6 year hiatus moving to FL and then to Arizona for work. Now I am back in the Northern Pittsburgh, PA area where I grew up. I was fortunate to grow up with woods and power lines behind my house and now live close where I can ride again. Also my brother just bought a house in Ohio with a couple of acres and we are going to put a track in the back of his property and he will be getting some quads for him and his boys.
By day I am an IT engineer working with Linux at a large corporation, but after hours when not working I play with anything mechanical from small engines to my chopped 84 C10 with a LT1 Vette engine DFI. I also have a degree in electronics, so I like to fix and work on things all electronic as well. One thing I don't do is play on the computers or game, other than surfing on the internet. I brew beer, make wine, make cheese, smoke cigars, garden, can, cook, and many other hobbies. I am restoring my C-10 this winter, and working on a 69' bug that I brought back form AZ, threw that b!tch in the moving truck..
I was at a swap meet the past weekend and seen a 1995 KDX 200 for sale for $350. The bike was locked up and the previous owner didn't what was wrong with it. I ended up getting the bike for $250. it was complete minus a silencer. The bike looks to be pretty much stock, but the bonus is the FMF gnarly pipe on it. When I was looking to get another bike a while ago I wanted to get a KDX, but never moved on it. I love the ride of the two stroke over the four stroke and with this group I probably don't need to elaborate on the reasons. I Like how the KDX has torque at lower RPM's for trail riding. I will be starting a thread on my bike with the specifics and where I am at with more pictures. Thanks to all who make this a great forum!
JTG

Here she is
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello, New KDX owner from NW PA

Post by Julien D »

Awesome! Good luck with the rebuild, and welcome to KDXRIDER!

Would love to see some pics of the bug and the C10 also!!

Jason
Koko

Post by Koko »

Great deal! But I give...how is that bike standing? I don't see a kickstand, someones hand, bucket etc... :hmm:
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Hello, New KDX owner from NW PA

Post by diymirage »

Maybe thats what he meant when he said the bike was "locked up"
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Koko wrote:Great deal! But I give...how is that bike standing? I don't see a kickstand, someones hand, bucket etc... :hmm:
:hmm: Good catch. :hmm:
95_KDX200

Post by 95_KDX200 »

Ha, they threw in a 2x4 kick stand that is on the other side!
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

I live up by Clarion, Yinz'll have to come up to ride when you get it running. And after my knee heals from surgery. :doh:
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250