Greetings from NEPA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
amstel78
Supporting Member

Greetings from NEPA

Post by amstel78 »

Hello everyone!

I'm a brand new KDX owner. Picked up a 1991 KDX200 with title this morning. I paid $800 (hope that was a fair price). So far, the bike runs pretty well. Biggest problems right now are leaking fork seals, and slow idle. She bogs a bit in 1st gear but screams in all other gears so perhaps the carb needs to be cleaned/adjusted?

Anyway, I'm happy to have found this site. I'd like to do a full restoration but not quite sure where to begin. The previous owner threw in an original maintenance manual which was a nice bonus. The bike has the usual wear and tear from use and age... a few small surface rust spots on the frame here and there, etc. Overall, I think it's in good shape. The compression seems strong, and no leaks or blown gaskets.

Here's a pic of my new toy!

P.S. Anyone know where I can source a kick-stand? Everywhere I look, it's out of stock and says the part is obsolete.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Greetings from NEPA

Post by scheckaet »

the machinist
Supporting Member

Re: Greetings from NEPA

Post by the machinist »

I'd say you got a fairly good deal! Congrats, ride it hard and use the search link often.
-Matt
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Greetings from NEPA

Post by Julien D »

Looks original and clean, which is always a good thing. Welcome to KDXRIDER!
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Greetings from NEPA

Post by diymirage »

Julien D wrote:Looks original and clean, which is always a good thing. Welcome to KDXRIDER!
with the exception of the FMF pipe, the handle bars and the oversized fender bag ?
iether way, congrats on the new ride
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
amstel78
Supporting Member

Re: Greetings from NEPA

Post by amstel78 »

The previous owner told me the only thing he added was the FMF pipe. The fender bag says Kawasaki on it and looks OEM. Not sure about the handle bars though. Everything's there, even the odometer. The odometer cable is gone though so that's one more thing that's gotta be fixed.