Hello from Massachusetts!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Koko

Post by Koko »

I've had the itch for 2 wheels for a long time. I haven't owned a dirt bike since the early 90's when I owned a 1987 RM125. Since then I've owned 12 or so different flavors of atvs and street bikes. Currently I own a 2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 EPS. I have it dialed in pretty good. Pitbull tires, Elka shocks, heated grips, superwinch, plow, skids, etc. I'm going to ordering a Muzzy pro dual exhaust next.

But now I'm looking for a project to tinker with. Specifically a KDX200. I'd love to pick up a nice 04. They seem to go for around $1400 around here. But at the moment, my wife might divorce me. She knows the money I've dumped into the Brute, so this one has to be on the cheap.

Since I like to tinker and wrench, I'm thinking now of going the bagged out route. Having a "rat rod" type of kdx where it may not look pretty, but the mechanicals all work tip top shape. Like this bike for $200. Thoughts? What should I look for? Or will my parts prices quickly exceed $1400. Can I still get parts for an 89?

Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by Julien D »

Welcome! Good to have you aboard. I went the same route with my KDX. Picked up a not running 89 for 400ish and rebuilt. Excellent bike. A few parts have been discontinued, but nothing is really hard to find save graphics. The price is certainly right on that one, and it looks complete. I would jump on it in a flat second. If you can do the work yourself, you can come out with a bullet proof ride on the cheap.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

agreed
Koko

Post by Koko »

Thanks guys.

Quick question...why are stock graphics so hard/impossible to find? In this day an age. I would think reproductions would be a simple task. I'm a sucker for the stock look. Granted in the case of the bike above, I think I'm going to keep it ratty looking for the fun of it. But if I ever get the bug for a full on resto...I'd like new graphics.

Maybe...that's a niche I have to look into! :hmm: