New TN member

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
BeanStalk
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New TN member

Post by BeanStalk »

Hello from Knoxville, TN. Joining today, but must confess that I've been getting a LOT of help from the forum for about 3-4 weeks now, since the OEM piston on my son's 2004 KDX220 exploded... sure wish I had done a little reading about that prior to...

I've always figured that if someone put it together, I should be able to take it apart. And with a 15 year old that thinks any time something breaks, you throw it away and Dad or Mom just buys you a new one :boogie: ... Anyway, the cylinder is out for repair and replating, just got the crank (new rod, bearing) back from RB (couldn't resist - had him rework the carb and head as long as we're spending like drunken sailers). Wiseco piston, new main bearings and seals, new (eBay recycled) right case (that one was my fault - missed one screw), a few new tools. You know the routine.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a few more questions, but for now, just wanted to introduce myself. If any of you ride near Knoxville, we'd enjoy hooking up. I'm 50 and ride a KLX300 :oops: . Not especially speedy anymore, but can almost always get back to the truck on my own!

Thanks for all the great help. We'll see if we can figure out how to post pics, and show you the bike at some point soon.

John
2004 KDX220 (Son's)
2008 KLX140 (Daughter's)
2007 KLX300
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

New TN member

Post by SS109 »

Welcome! :partyman:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

New TN member

Post by Julien D »

Awesome. If you've been browsing for a few weeks and just now registered, you'll notice you now have access to a LOT more information. Glad you decided to join up!
BeanStalk
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New TN member

Post by BeanStalk »

Just made a modest donation after signing up - really appreciate the help!
2004 KDX220 (Son's)
2008 KLX140 (Daughter's)
2007 KLX300
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

New TN member

Post by Julien D »

Got it, and much appreciated! Your donation helps keep the site going, and you will notice you now have a new rank and some additional permissions. Thank you for your support!