Jari from Sault Ste Marie, Canada

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
JariM

Post by JariM »

I figured it would be proper to introduce myself so.

I am 26 years old, married and have 2 kids.. just looking for a way to get away from them for a while every now and then-- so i bought a 1982 kdx175, but she aint running so im back at the starting point... and thats actually the reason why im here. I should have most of the parts needed for getting the bike to run by Friday or Monday(That is if the engine i got with the bike isn't blown :p) I really only bought the bike to have something to do at night and Im not planning to just slap it together and pass it on. I also have been taking pictures and writing a blog entry about the process and I will share it once i have the bike running.

That kdx175 is my first own bike but I have bunch of friends who owns/owned bikes ive been able to ride so Im not a complete rookie rider but i must admit ive never taken a motorcycle engine apart. I think it might be a good idea to tear this engine apart and change all the bearings and what ever needs to be changed even if it 'runs'... At least i know here is a community i can ask for help if i dont find the answers from anywhere else ;)

I also like to do some programming. Little things, some crappy web stuff, python, etc nothing huge probably never going to get paid for..
I used to play lots of FPS games but i got pissed off with my ISP's crappy connection after I moved in northern Ontario so now Im thinking of selling my gaming pc to get some money for that kdx and maybe another bike too...

Oh and i gotta add, when I ran out of ideas about where to look for parts for the bike i went to the local track and found a kawasaki rider there who i gave my name and number in case he comes across old kdx parts.. when we were leaving from there, my 4 years old son said: "When i grow up, I want to be a motorcycle racer."
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forum. Good luck on the rebuild.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Welcome! :supz:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

Welcome :wink:
'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.