Kia ora from NZ

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
r4q2

Kia ora from NZ

Post by r4q2 »

aye up, me names Paul. Just recently picked up a KDX250D1, she's had a hard life by the looks of her, just had the forks serviced as one of em had blown a seal and had rusty coloured goop running down the leg. The guy I got it off had had it sitting in a shipping container for 2 years and as a result the carb was full of crap etc, so I cleaned that out and also had to un-seize the rear brake cailper piston.

Anyway went out for a 3 hour trail ride today, man I seriously under estimated this bike! I thought she'd be a bit soft being a "KDX", but man she's got some pep! I had a blast!!! :supz:

I've been looking for parts online and although I can find the regular piston, bearing kits, along with front mud guards etc, I can't find things like new chain guides, seat covers, rear mudgaurds, tail light units or travel meters. Is there anywhere online or is it off to the Kawka dealer to get robbed if I can't get one from a wrecker?

Cheers!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Kia ora from NZ

Post by SS109 »

First off, welcome to KDXrider! :partyman: Second, yeah, the KDX250 is a bike that hauls more ass than people think! :supz:

Being a KDX250 owner myself, I can tell ya that parts are hard to find. You can get some things through the Kaw dealer but a lot of the parts have been discontinued. All the plastics are one I know that are no longer available new. Ebay is the best source you'll find. There you will find, on occasion, some decent used or NOS plastics. Also, you can find used or new aftermarket seat covers. The chain guide appears to cross over with H series bikes so get one for a '95+ 200 or 220 and you should be good.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R