I'm back!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
simple jack

I'm back!

Post by simple jack »

Hi everyone!
After a 15 yr break, and several other sports, I picked up a mint 02 kdx. My last bike was 95 kdx that I bought new and raced throughout District 5. I'm in the process of setting my bike up the way my 95 was (pipe & silencer and suspension work) and re-acquainting myself with the sport. I have no intention of racing again, just want to spend some time in the woods with my son (KTM 150) who is also coming back from a long break.
Lots of things have changed since the last time I threw my leg over a bike, (that in itself isn't as easy as I remember :)) most notably the internet. I've been using Google earth to prospect for riding areas and this forum will undoubtedly prove to be indispensable.
John
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

I'm back!

Post by Julien D »

John,

Welcome to KDXRIDER.NET! Happy to have you aboard, and congrats on your excellent choice in bikes! The KDX will treat you well, and here you will find all the information you need to improve it and keep it going.

:mrgreen:
TrophyHunter
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

I'm back!

Post by TrophyHunter »

Father / Son time...very good. Took about the same break years ago and have enjoyed the return. Both sons still ride, too.
cragwl
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm back!

Post by cragwl »

Not a better way to spend time with your boys I say. Love to see there tired, dirty grins after a ride. Happy Trails
In dog beers, I've only had one.
simple jack

I'm back!

Post by simple jack »

Thanks Guys

I've only had the bike out once, but that was enough to make me regret leaving the sport. My son's 23 and eager to ride, even in 90 degree weather :shock:.

I'll be installing heavier fork springs today (thanks Jeff) and maybe heading out this evening to try them out.

I can't tell you how great it is to have a bike again.
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm back!

Post by B737driver »

Welcome, a wealth of knowledge here to get your bike and yourself up and going again. I was in your shoes a little while back. Great to be back in the saddle again. There's a song about that I think :hmm: .

Thought about quoting a line to see if you got simple jack from a recent movie, but the quote may be considered socially insensitive. I'll leave that to wibbens. :lol:
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
simple jack

I'm back!

Post by simple jack »

B737driver wrote:Welcome, a wealth of knowledge here to get your bike and yourself up and going again. I was in your shoes a little while back. Great to be back in the saddle again. There's a song about that I think :hmm: .

Thought about quoting a line to see if you got simple jack from a recent movie, but the quote may be considered socially insensitive. I'll leave that to wibbens. :lol:
Definitely lifted my user name from a recent movie :wink:. I hope not to offend, but I'm not gonna be receiving a Nobel prize for my PC awareness or sensitivity anytime soon. :grin:

As for movies: I downloaded the soundtrack to On Any Sunday last week, and I'm certain that it influenced me to get another bike.
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm back!

Post by B737driver »

Live to Fly
Fly to Live