I'm newb here not to KDX's from Indy

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
huggyb1972

Post by huggyb1972 »

just popping in to say hi and ask some questions. I have owned dirt bikes off and on for most of my life more of a recreational rider than anything. My first KDX got stolen I got another one some years later. I am now ready to take it out for a little ride but the front brake is toast and I can't seam to figure out what parts I need. The bike is a 91 but the pad is retained with a roll pin, on bike bandit it doesn't show the roll pin I don't know if I got some funky business going on up here or what. I was wondering if one of you guys would have a idea of what I have or How hard would it be to switch over to KX forks. I want to ride this thing and hear a ying -a-ninger pinned in 6th again it's been a long time since I heard that sound.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Hey there, welcome to KDXRIDER! The KX fork swap is pretty straightforward. We actually have an entire forum dedicated to MX fork conversions for the KDX. You'll find loads of info there. If you have specific questions about fork swaps, that would be the best place for them. As for your brake issue, that certainly should not be a difficult fix. Feel free to open a thread in general Q/A about it. The part should be available, but I'm not sure what you mean by "roll pin". The retaining pins, perhaps? They are still available. They'd be listed under "front caliper" in any parts fiche.
huggyb1972

Post by huggyb1972 »

Thanks there bud.

Yeah i have been half heartedly trying to get it figured out but not having a lot of luck. by roll pin i am talking about a pin about 6mm dia and maybe 35mm long forgive if i sound a little vague on it I just got home from work and decided this is gonna get done this week even if i gotta change a bunch of stuff. You know them front brakes are the bomb.lol
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

If you can, start a thread with the problem and post up some pics of what is holding you up. I'm sure we can figure it out!

BTW, welcome KDXrider my fellow Hoosier! I was born and raised in Indy! :mrgreen:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
huggyb1972

Post by huggyb1972 »

Roger that on the tread thanks. What side of town did you hail from?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

South side. Franklin Township. Thompson Rd and Arlington Rd area. :supz:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R