Me. Old me and new me.

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jgas1

Me. Old me and new me.

Post by jgas1 »

I posted here a few times, a few yrs ago under the name JGas. Had to make up a new name to get back on the site. I am a very creative and original person, a true artist at heart, you know, the soul of a poet and all that. So now I'm JGas1. I suppose I really should be JGas2, but then I'd sound like a loser. And we wouldn't want that, now would we?

For those who know me, you are laughing your exhaust bungholes off.

Ok, enough BS. I just bought another KDX after years without having one. In the past I have had an 86 and 89 KDX, and about 10 or more KXs most of which were converted for woods racing, from 125-500ccs. I've also owned 2 KLR 650s and a couple of Kawi street bikes.

My new DX is an 83 250. Pretty good shape for it's age. It runs but needs a rear shock, cylinder resleeve, some plastic, and TLC. Usual stuff for an old bike. What impresses me is how light it is. Don't know the weight, but it feels much lighter than my CRF 250, and feels well balanced. Unlike myself, well balanced that is. But I know of two cures for that. Bikes and :partyman: