New dude

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
SuDu

New dude

Post by SuDu »

hi my names Zach, im 14 and love to learn about, ride, and work on dirt bikes... i dont have a KDX i actually have an RM85 but iv been wanting to get a KDX and been wanting to learn about them. i find the KX-DX conversions very intresting so im gonna go check that out then im gonna try and figure out what "KIPS" is or are lol
I am the SuDu and I am AWESOME!

2004 RM85 for sale, good condition, some mods, $900 firm, PM for details
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

lol. Welcome to the site, good to have ya.

KIPS "kawasaki integrated powervalve system", is a set of valves which change compression ratio's according to RPM. Also adjusts the size of the exhaust valve. Closing it off a bit at low RPM, and open at high RPM. Powervalve systems allow two strokes to have more torque at low RPM than would otherwise be possible, while still retaining the top end overrev.
SuDu

Post by SuDu »

thats pretty cool, is KIPS like a normal powervalve with a fancy name or is it actually fancy lol and are KDXs all that have them or do KXs run em to?
I am the SuDu and I am AWESOME!

2004 RM85 for sale, good condition, some mods, $900 firm, PM for details
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

It's a more complicated PV than most, and it works well(where the KDX get's all of it's low-end fame). It's a rod/gear actuated guillotine valve....Where most Mxers are a rod activated drum.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project