Hello fron NY

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
dan46n2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Hello fron NY

Post by dan46n2 »

Just picked up a 95 KDX 200 that needs some work... well, actually, a complete teardown to really get an idea of how things look, but that'll happen down the road.
It run's great, slight leak from one of the top end gaskets, silencer needs to be repacked, needs front and rear rotors and pads, tires are great, suspension has been reworked for a heavier rider in the 200lb range (hey, thats me!) and a few other misc farkles like a scotts steering damper mount installed, FMF Gnarly Woods Pipe/Turbine Silencer. Chain and sprockets were in good condition, just needed to adjust the chain. All in all, a decent bike for $700 I think.

I'm leaving it at a friends house for the time being since he just got a CRF230 to learn on, that way I have something to ride at his house. Once we get closer to winter I'll bring it home and start the teardown and start replacing what needs replacing, repaint the frame, etc...
I'm not the type to be able to leave ANYTHING in stock form, so the KDX will have the same future...

Some background on me...
Started riding a 4wheeler when I was about 8, got an RT100 when I was 11 or so and rode that til I was about 14 and traded the RT for an 84 KDX 200.... sold it a few years later when I went off to college...
Picked up a 2002 SV650S when I was 26... and then a DRZ400 a couple years ago..and a SSR110 pitbike a few months ago....and now the KDX.

Going to sell the DRZ as the Dragon (Rt 129 in TN) spoiled me. Supermoto trim on the DRZ is NO fun on NY roads.
Now if only the Empire state would let me plate the KDX.... :mrgreen:
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Welcome to the site!!

With a little bit of throttle control, you may be able to get NYC to let you plate your green babe. :lol:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
dan46n2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dan46n2 »

I'm in upstate (rural) NY, about 5hrs from the city... I'm hoping I have better luck up here with the country-folk :)
dan46n2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dan46n2 »

A couple pics of my bikes....

The SV in it's latest incarnation...

The DRZ in street-duty (not my tank, sorry)
dan46n2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dan46n2 »

Well I've had my DRZ up for sale/trade in hopes of finding a KTM 200 EXC that I could plate in NY but someone has offered me a 2004 KDX 200 plus cash (no title :sad: ) so I think I'm going to take that and keep the 04 KDX and sell off the 95 KDX. I might scavenge the Gnarly woods pipe and powercore silencer but the pipe's certainly sat around as the nickel finish is rusting in some spots so I'm kinda tempted to just buy new for the 04 and leave the 95 as is... That, or just part out the 95. As long as I get $700 from it then I guess it doesn't matter what I do...

May still attempt to get legal, but not likely until the spring...